“The Novel” weekend is all about technique. We’ll work on:
- defining your writing strengths (dialogue, character, voice, plot, etc.)
- deploying those strengths in the novel form
- knowing your genre or subgenre
- generating material more fluently
- finding a balance between structure and form
- solving writing problems native to the novel
- revising a book-length manuscript
During the weekend, you’ll get an overview of what it takes to complete a novel. You do not need to be working on a book to attend the workshop. Whether you’re a beginner or an established writer, you’ll be able to solicit the information and insights to get the words on the page.
Beginners and non-native speakers of English are welcome.