How do you complete a work of fiction—whether it’s flash fiction, a short story, a novella, or a novel? How do you make it “as perfect” as it can be?
At “Revise Your Fiction,” we’ll define concrete steps for moving forward with your creative writing. This workshop is designed to help:
- identify what takes narrative priority in any short story or scene
- isolate writing problems—and how to address them
- evaluate what’s already working—and why
- structure scenes for greater effect
- create a realistic revision plan
- revise sanely
You will not be asked to bring your writing to this class. Instead, you will generate—and revise—a short piece over the course of the workshop. You’ll leave this class with a story written and revised during the weekend—and a blueprint for all future revisions.
Non-native speakers of English are welcome.