In 2017, The New Yorker magazine started a summer-long flash-fiction series. It was a milestone: the form had come of age. What’s so great about super-short stories? You can write a first draft in a single day. (And eventually, a work of flash fiction can be read over a single cup of coffee.) At this hands-on workshop, we will:
- Write an original short story and hear it read aloud, anonymously
- Read & analyze 13 entertaining works of flash fiction
- Explore how to write brief yet compelling stories
- Discover form-specific revision techniques
- Learn who publishes flash fiction
There’s no need to bring a story to this class; you’ll write your piece—and hear positive feedback—over the course of two days. We welcome beginners as well as non-native speakers of English.
April 24th to April 25th, 2021, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Taught by Lisa Friedman
Register for this workshop (Fee: €150)
For now, all of our workshops are taking place online.
Workshop times listed are in Amsterdam time (CEST).